Neeli Cherkovski, Tate Swindell, Thomas Antonic and Michael Fischer
- Neeli Cherkovski
- Neeli Cherkovski is the author of many books of poetry, including Elegy for My Beat Generation and In The Odes: Confucius and Ezra Pound. He was the coeditor of Anthology of L.A. Poets (with Charles Bukowski) and Cross-Strokes: Poetry between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Cherkovski also wrote biographies of Lawrence Ferlinghetti and Charles Bukowski, as well as the critical memoir Whitman’s Wild Children. His papers are held at the Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley. He has lived in San Francisco since 1974.
- Tate Swindell
- Tate Swindell founded the San Francisco based label Unrequited Records, releasing albums by Herbert Huncke, Jack Micheline and Harold Norse, among others. His books of poems include Palpitations and The Creation of Deadlines. He is currently co-editing, with Cherkovski and Raymond Foye, a collected book of poems by Bob Kaufman. Tate will read from him upcoming book, Ghost Eclipse, published by Two-Way Mirror Press.
- Thomas Antonic & Michael Fischer
- Thomas Antonic, poet, musician, writer, filmmaker, PhD in German literature and philosophy, working with and about experimental literature, multi-media intersections of music, visual arts, poetry, cut-up, improvisation, spontaneous prose and other principles of coincidence. Numerous publications in German and English, most recent book in English language: Flickering Cave Paintings of Noxious Nightbirds (2017, published in Austria), plays several instruments and sings in different band projects, among them: William S. Burroughs Hurts, Night on Earth, The Sorry. Performances as writer and musician all over Europe, USA, Morocco, Chile. Visiting Researcher at Stanford University (2013) and Research Fellow at the University of California in Berkeley (2014/15). Lives and works mostly in Vienna, Austria.
- Michael Fischer, musician, composer, improvised and experimental music / noise / soundscapes, instant composition conductings, working with the immanence of language within sounds and the electro-acoustic phenomenon of the feedback since 1999; developer of the “feedback_saxophone”. Founder of the Vienna Improvisers Orchestra (2004), cooperating with experimental and sound poetry. Numerous international collaborations with improvising musicians, composers and artist collectives such as Baby-Q dance comp. Tokyo, The Meeting Point Amsterdam, and others. Performances and tours in and through Europe, Lebanon, Canada, USA, Japan, etc., Globale – ZKM Karlsruhe, Wien Modern, High Zero Festival Baltimore, Irtijal Festival Beirut, Bunka Kaikan Tokyo, STEIM, Muziekgebouw Amsterdam; guest-lectures at The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Newcastle University UK, University for Architecture at Vaduz, Liechtenstein, a.m.o. Website: m.fischer.wuk.at. Lives and works in Vienna, Austria.
- Thomas Antonic & Michael Fischer are performing together since 2015 at festivals, art spaces, clubs, galleries, libraries, radio shows, et cetera.