New Orleans in San Francisco and Poetry Jambalaya!
The Beat Museum presents a cross country Lit Crawl Eve Extravaganza!! From the French Quarter to the foothills to the Dock of the Bay, some of the best poets in America throw everything in the poetic gumbo pot for one night. Laissez les bons temps rouler. Let the good times roll.
- Todd Cirillo
- Todd Cirillo lives in New Orleans as a poet, publisher and pirate and was born of true bastard lineage. His books include Burning the Evidence, Sexy Devils, Sucker’s Paradise and many more. Todd’s career goal is to have his poems printed on beer bottles, even if it’s a brand he looks down on. His parents are so proud. Todd is living proof that love is a dog from hell. Go to toddcirillo.com for books and more.
- William Taylor Jr.
- William Taylor Jr lives and writes in the Tenderloin neighborhood of San Francisco. He is the author of numerous books of poetry, and a volume of fiction. He is a five time Pushcart Prize nominee and was a recipient of the 2013 Kathy Acker Award. From the Essential Handbook on Making it to the Next Whatever is his latest collection of poetry.
- Julie Valin
- Julie Valin has been writing poetry since the first Loverboy album came out. Her poems have appeared in Chiron Review, Red Fez, Heavy Bear, Primal Urge, and more, as well as the Punk Rock Chapbook series from Epic Rites Press. She is a poet-teacher with California Poets in the Schools, an editor, book designer, nightstand book piler, and a Sagittarius with a Taurus rising.
- Zarina Zabrisky
- Zarina Zabrisky is the author of three short story collections, the novel We, Monsters and a collaborative book of poetry. Her work has been published in nine countries. Since 2016, Zabrisky does investigative journalism as her way of resistance. See more at zarinazabrisky.com.
- K.R. Morrison
- Jon Bennett
- Jon Bennett plays music and writes in San Francisco’s Tenderloin neighborhood. You can find more of his work on Spotify and Pandora, or by connecting with him on Facebook.